New or updated ebooks of note on Project Gutenberg.
My adopted Irish League team is hosting my adopted English Premier League team in Dublin Monday night! If only I could watch it somehow.
evertonfc.com: “Bohemians Are Proud Hosts”
Bohemians manager Pat Fenlon says his players can’t wait to test themselves against Everton on Monday night (8pm).
The Blues are in Dublin for a friendly match at Dalymount Park following the postponement of their Premier League opener at Spurs at the weekend.
Their hosts are currently two thirds of the way through their own league campaign and Fenlon says his side will try and make the match as competitive as possible in front of what he is anticipating to be a big crowd.
Reports are coming in that Robbie Keane is on his way to join the LA Galaxy.
Keane is unwanted by Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and said last week that he expected to tie up a move before the end of the transfer window.
The Irish international played in a friendly on Wednesday night against Croatia in Dublin, but is believed to be flying to LA to sign a contract worth a reported $9 million over next two years.
(Cross posted with trolleydodger.com.)
New and updated ebooks of note on Project Gutenberg. This week, we’re going to experiment with a streamlined format, minus the pictures and excerpts. It’s a fair amount of work to put those larger posts together, and I’d rather readers just get the basics on as many great ebooks as quickly and as often as possible.
- Astronomical Myths (1877) by John F. Blake
- Alice’s Abenteuer im Wunderland (1869) von Lewis Carroll (auf Deutsch)
- Water Wizardry: A Collection of Tricks in which water is the chief agent (1922) by Arthur Ainslie
- In Defense of Women (1918) by H. L. Mencken
- Myths and Folk Tales of Ireland (1890,1975) by Jeremiah Curtin
- The Motley Muse (Rhymes for the Times) (1913) by Harry Graham