For over 50 years Baltazar Ushca has harvested the glacial ice of Ecuador’s Mount Chimborazo. His brothers, both raised as ice merchants, have long since retired from the mountain. This is a story of cultural change and how three brothers have adapted to it.
Welcome to Blue Monday, Blue Edition!
- Blue (Da Ba Bee) – Eiffel 65
- Song for the Unification of Europe (finale of the film Bleu) – composed by Zbigniew Preisner
- Blue Moon of Kentucky – Bill Monroe
- Blue Monday – Nouvelle Vague
- Rhapsody in Blue – George Gershwin
- Blue in Green (from Kind of Blue) – Miles Davis and John Coltrane
- Blue Moon – Billie Holliday
In a bold new feature version of Jane Eyre, director Cary Joji Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) and screenwriter Moira Buffini (Tamara Drewe) infuse a contemporary immediacy into Charlotte Brontë’s timeless, classic story. Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) star in the iconic lead roles of the romantic drama, the heroine of which continues to inspire new generations of devoted readers and viewers.
In this week’s Blue Monday, we get paradisaical.
- In Heaven – Lady in the Radiator (from Eraserhead)
- In Heaven – Pixies (at the BBC)
- This Monkey’s Gone to Heaven – Pixies
- Heaven Beside You – Alice in Chains
- Heaven and Hell – Black Sabbath
- Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan (in honor of his recent 70th birthday)
- Ain’t No Grave (Gonna Hold My Body Down) – Johnny Cash