I go through phases of listening to podcasts and not listening to podcasts. I am in a “listen” phase at the moment, and here is what I’m subscribed to. (I might not get to every episode of everything, but they are all good shows.)
Feel free to leave your own recommendations in the comments or via Twitter.
- 99% Invisible — A tiny radio show about design, architecture & the 99% invisible activity that shapes our world.
- BBC Radio 5 Live: Outriders — Dedicated to exploring the frontiers of the web.
- BBC World Service: Global News – The best stories, interviews and on the spot reporting from around the world.
- The Bugle — Leaving no political hot potato unbuttered.
- How Stuff Works: Stuff to Blow Your Mind (natural sciences) and Stuff You Missed in History Class (history).
- KCET SoCal Connected: In the Studio and UpFront Reports.
- KCRW: Good Food and Good Food on the Road — Discover great restaurants that you’ve never heard of, the politics of consumption, explorations of cultures through their food customs and some of the most interesting people who devote their lives to various elements of the food supply.
- KCRW: LA Observed — Covers the week’s top stories in LA media, politics and culture, sharing breaking news when it’s available and tying up loose ends on the topics that Angelenos have been discussing all week.
- KPFK: Bike Talk and Focus on Food.
- KSPC: The Interchange – Connecting campus to community on KSPC 88.7 FM Claremont.
- LA Foodie — Looking for the best eats in L.A. and usually finding them.
- News in Slow Spanish — Weekly News, Spanish grammar, and Spanish expressions at a slow pace.
- PRI’s The World: Global Hit and The World in Words.
- Project Moonbase — The Historic Sound of the Future!
- SpanishPod101.com: Learn Spanish I — Learn Spanish in the fastest, easiest and most fun way.
- The Sporkful — It’s not for foodies, it’s for eaters.
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour — A staged production in the style of old-time radio.
- Welcome to Night Vale — Community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff’s Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.